What are some of your options when choosing lighting for your porch or patio? Motion detector porch lights can improve home security automatically, while also creating better visibility for your family at night. On the other hand, if you want lighting that you leave on during the evening hours, you could consider elegant exterior Gooseneck light fixtures.
With motion detector porch lights, you can have the reassurance that the lights will alert you the minute somebody gets close to the porch. If you prefer something that will create a warm vibe, perhaps as a wall light next to plants, An-Tic Exterior Gooseneck light fixtures may fit the bill.
Main Benefits Of Installing Motion Detector Porch Lights
1. Improved Security
This type of outdoor lighting automatically turns on the moment the sensor detects movement at a certain distance from the light source. So, if an intruder should approach your home during the night hours, the light will switch on, giving you a warning and making it very difficult for someone to get close to your home without being noticed.
2. Injury Prevention
The lights can also offer a bit of insurance in terms of personal safety. If you have to stumble about in the dark whenever you return home at night, this can easily lead to injury as a result of a fall. Motion sensor lighting can prevent this from happening.
3. Inviting Visitors In
Visitors to your home will be welcomed with a warm glow as they approach your home. You won’t be wasting energy with lights that are on for hours on end, but your home will still appear inviting as friends approach it.
4. Improving Curb Appeal
If you are planning to sell your home, chances are that prospective buyers may view your home during the evening hours. You need to ensure that the curb appeal of your home is maximized in this case. If you have installed friendly landscape lighting, as well as motion detector porch lights, your home will have a much warmer feel as they approach the property.
Tips For Installing Motion Detector Porch Lights
- When installing a motion sensor light, it is crucial to place it in the best possible position to cover as wide an area of movement as you can. Also keep your view from the door in mind, so that you will be able to see who is at the door.
- Check that there are no obstructions that will block the sensor from doing its job.
- You also need to ensure that the light won’t be in the way, causing a guest to bump his or her head against it!
- The beam must be high enough to ensure that it isn’t activated if there are small animals moving about at night.
- You don’t want the light beam directly in your eyes when you walk up to your home! Test this beforehand to make sure that you place it in the right position to prevent this. Soft illumination probably is what you should aim for.
- Make sure that the threshold is set in such a way that the light won’t go on when it shouldn’t, for instance as a result of tree branches moving in strong wind.
- Always make sure that you have an adequate and readily available supply of replacement globes for light fixtures.
Types Of Motion Detector Porch Lights
You can opt for lights with infrared sensors. These react to body heat. Alternatively, you can buy lighting with ultrasonic sensors. These pick up movement. Motion can also be detected via microwave sensors. These options are often combined to give you a more accurate lighting solution. This is also where the threshold settings come in. If the sensor is too sensitive, the lights will turn on when they shouldn’t.
Gooseneck Outdoor Light Fixtures As Another Porch Lighting Option
With motion sensor exterior lights installed, you may be able to save on your energy bill. But what are your options if you don’t like the outdoor area of your home to be dark at night? A constant, welcoming light on the porch or patio, may just seems more friendly to you. In this case, you could consider one of the many other options on the market, such as outdoor Gooseneck light fixtures.
Gooseneck lights convey elegance and simplicity. A Gooseneck outdoor light fixture, such as the 8″ or 10″ Artesia Warehouse Shade, can give your front porch anything from an old world feel to a contemporary, colorful finishing touch. It all depends on the color you opt for. You can go for bright, warm yellows, reds, greens or blues. Alternatively, you can select earthy Tuscany or Natural Sand. If you prefer, you can select from a variety of aluminum finishes.
As for the Gooseneck arms, you can choose from a wide variety of unique configurations for the mounting. The wall canopy is 4 3/4″ in diameter. These have been rated for wet conditions as well, so they are suitable for exterior use.
Whether you choose motion detector porch lights or Gooseneck light fixtures, remember that your lighting can enhance your home’s curb appeal greatly. Take some time to locate the best solution for your exterior lighting needs.