Should you consider installing a Vesdura plank floor? In this easy-to-read guide you will find 11 of the most crucial Vesdura luxury vinyl flooring pros and cons.
Reviews are quick to stress that luxury vinyl flooring installations are way past the days of appearing ‘plastic’ or ‘fake’! Nowadays the planks are manufactured to simulate wood floors down to the last detail.
11 Main pros and cons of luxury vinyl flooring planks
This goes for texture, the patterning of different exotic wood types and coloring! Add to that the easy-to-install interlocking, click-together designs of the planks and you have both DIY-friendly product and a more affordable home decor solution.
Frankly, real hardwood remains a firm remodeling favorite for many of us. However, even if you love wood floors, installation and maintenance costs may force you to look at another option. Budgets are getting tighter and schedules are packed. No wonder that there is such a high demand for more affordable, easy-to-care for flooring solutions.
It is true that vinyl flooring that looks like wood planks will not add the same value to your home as the real thing. But this product can give you the ambience of real hardwood at a fraction of the cost. If you follow the installation and maintenance instructions closely, the wood-look appearance can give you pleasure for years to come.
11 Vesdura Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Pros And Cons
Reviews of Vesdura planks generally weight far heavier on the pros side, as you will see from the list below…
1. Good Resiliency
Both the thickness of the planks and the thickness of the wear layer contribute to the resiliency of this flooring range. This make them tough and durable enough to be suitable for high-traffic areas, including residential and even a variety of commercial settings. The planks are also treated to prevent fading and abrasions.
2. Suitable for DIY enthusiasts
This is one of the glueless floor coverings DIY enthusiasts are bound to enjoy tackling. Thanks to UNICLIC technology, this type of vinyl wood flooring installation consists of planks simply interlocking to create what is called a floating floor. In fact, this floor must never be glued to the subfloor. How does that sound? No glue messes during your DIY job, thanks to wood planks that simply click together!
3. Water-Resistant Or Waterproof
This isn’t the case with all the vinyl floor products, but the SplasH2O Collection Vesdura vinyl range is waterproof and suitable for use even in bathrooms, basements or in your laundry, provided that the installation is done correctly. Many of the other Vesdura products are water-resistant.
4. Authentic-Looking Exotic Woods
As with laminate floors, a large variety of exotic wood patterns are available. Colors varies from dark gray to the warmest, deep browns to pale shades. These…
- Classically Scraped Collection (Golden Rustic Oak, Aged Gray Rustic Oak, Deep Forest Rustic Oak or Natural Rustic Oak)
- Handscraped Collection (Silver Creek Birch, Cherry Maple, Ash Gunstock or Chestnut)
- Buck Creek Collection (Canadian Maple, Smoked Oak, Creekside Jatoba or Sawcut Maple)
- Hickory Collection (Cocoa Hickory or Spiced Hickory)
- Exclusive Woods Collection (Alder, Walnut, White Oak, Hickory, Brown Pine or Whitewashed)
Remember that lighter floors can be used to offset dark furniture beautifully, while darker Vesdura vinyl flooring may be better suited to show off your lighter furniture. Plank dimensions are 12″ x 36″.
5. Comfort Underfoot
With Vesdura flooring you get a real hardwood sound and feel, but with more comfort underfoot – especially if you add a quality underlay. The underlay will also serve to dampen sound. In addition the cushioning this provides will make standing on the floor for longer periods less tiring for your feet and legs. Generally speaking, vinyl flooring has a bit more ‘give’ than hardwood planks.
6. Impact Resistance
Thanks to the high density core of these floor planks, there is good impact resistance. This aspect adds to the durability of these floors.
7. Lengthy Warranty
Reviews also lift out the lengthy residential warranty periods of up to 25 years as a substantial benefit.
A solid warranty usually shows the level of trust a manufacturer has in their product. Keep in mind that you need to follow installation instructions to the letter to make sure you don’t void any aspect of the warranty. The same applies when it comes to maintenance.
8. Section Replacement
Another benefit of installing such a floating click-together floor is that it is possible to replace a section of the planks, if there is a serious mishap down the line.
This is why you need to purchase some extra planks at the time of your original installation. If you don’t do this, the line may be discontinued by the time there is a problem, or the shading of the new lots may be slightly different.
Whereas real hardwood floors can be refinished any number of times to freshen them up, this isn’t something you can easily do with a vinyl product. However, with proper maintenance and care refinishing shouldn’t be necessary. Most manufacturers have products available for sprucing up your floors if they need a bit of a makeover down the line.
10. Chemical Emissions
By now you are probably wondering how eco-friendly luxury vinyl plank flooring is. If this is one of your main considerations, you probably need to investigate something like bamboo flooring as an option.
However, most of the Vesdura vinyl plank flooring lines come with their very own Floorscore certification. This means that the planks have been carefully tested and are in full compliance with the Resilient Floor Covering Institute’s interior air quality emissions requirements. In other words, Vesdura planks are low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) products.
Although vinyl flooring isn’t biodegradable, more and more options for recycling are becoming available. This is good news for the environment. There are recycling companies working on utilizing vinyl flooring cutoffs and other waste, etc. in the manufacture of new flooring, as well as in other products such as traffic cones.
Stone Vesdura Luxury Vinyl Tiles
Perhaps a real hardwood look isn’t for you? How about natural stone flooring? The Vesdura Vinyl Tile Click Lock Stone Collection is available in Cappuccino, Licorice or Gotham Gray.
These tiles measure 18″x24″ and come complete with a cork underlay. They have an authentic stone texture and the same click lock design as the vinyl planks. This is another moisture-resistant collection and should be robust enough to withstand the activity of kids and pets.
How To Take Care Of Vinyl Flooring – 10 Top Tips!
- Try to use blinds or drapes to protect your floors during the hours of direct sunlight. The sun may cause fading and damage.
- Use rugs or mats in doorways to catch and grit or grime. Make sure these don’t come with a rubber backing that can damage or discolor your floor.
- Be careful about spiked heels or untrimmed pet nails. These may damage your floor installation over time.
- It is safer to use felt pads underneath furniture feet as an extra measure of protection. Your supplier may also advise you to use rubber castors or a chair mat, depending on your use of the flooring. Always check what is recommended.
- When you have to move heavy furniture, be sure not to drag it over the floor. One tip is to try placing a rug underneath to assist with moving a heavy piece. Make sure that there is no grit under the rug that can scratch the floor in the process of moving furniture.
- Make sure you get the manufacturer’s recommended product for dealing with scuff marks. Be sure to use it according to the directions.
- You should not wax your floor.
- Wipe any spills immediately. Although these planks are waterproof, you don’t want standing water or other fluids on them.
- Never use abrasive cleaners. Follow the supplier or manufacturer’s recommendation when choosing cleaning supplies.
As all reviews are careful to point out, it is crucial to stick with manufacturers with a good track record. A lengthy warranty is of little use if the company isn’t there to keep their end of the bargain!
I hope these 11 Vesdura luxury vinyl flooring pros and cons give you a solid starting point!